Scalp Micropigmentation for Men
Let’s address the reason you are here, Hair loss, or maybe you just have naturally thin hair, either way its unwanted and you want to fix it. There are many different things you can do to “treat” hair loss. The real question is will the solution you chose be permanent.
Men can experience hair loss in two ways, balding or thinning. We treat each situation differently. For thinning hair we use a technique called "density". For balding we use a technique called "hair replication". The photo below is an example of the hair replication technique.
The hair replication technique is a highly detailed process in which a trained technician imbeds tiny micro-dots into your scalp. This creates the illusion of a shaved head or what we like to call a "5 o'clock shadow". Though this is a permanent one time treatment there is still some minor maintenance that needs to be considered. Since the Micro-dots are 1 dimensional, the person receiving the treatment must keep their hair quite short to prevent it looking odd. Keeping the scalp moisturized and using sunscreen is important to maintain the condition of the scalp and Hair Replication treatment.
Density treatments are done for people who still have lots of their own hair but find it is thin. The skin on our scalp tends to be a lot lighter than the rest of our skin, so we can use this technique to camouflage the scalp and create the illusion of fuller and thicker hair.
What causes men's hair loss?
The most common cause for men's hair loss is Male Pattern Baldness also called Androgenic Alopecia.
Some causes and characteristics for Male Pattern Baldness are as follows.
- Caused by male sex hormones and genetic predisposition
- Usually follows a pattern of receding hair lines and hair thinning on the crown
- Is not/does not mean someone has a disease or disorder causing hair loss **Though hair loss can cause anxiety and/or depression
- MPB is usually permanent
Here we have some other causes for hair loss, some which can be treated others which cannot.
- Not eating a proper diet(Lifestyle)
- Increasing age(Genetic)
- Wearing your hair too tight(Lifestyle)
- Psoriasis(Skin & Scalp disorder)
- Seborrheic Dermatitis(Skin & Scalp disorder)
- Stress(Lifestyle) *Hair loss from stress is rare despite what some people might think