Scalp Micropigmentation for Women
The Scalp micropigmentation treatment for womens is called "density". This particular treatment is done to give the illusion of fuller and thicker hair by camoflauging the scalp. The main reason thinning hair is so noticeable is because the color of the scalp is usually much lighter, so by shading it with our Density technique we can create this illusion.
Women's Hair loss
There are many different causes of hair loss in women, ranging from temporary to permanent. Some of these causes can be from extreme weight loss, vitamin deficiency, hormone imbalances or medications. More extreme issues causing hair loss include underlying heart problems and autoimmune disorders. Though some hair loss is completely treatable other hair loss can be permanent. Many women find themselves compensating for hair loss, be it temporary or permanent, to improve self confidence. We go over some types of hair loss and symptoms below.
Female Pattern Baldness (FPB)
- is hereditary
- similar to Male pattern baldness; women do not tend to get receding hairlines
- noticeable thinning and/or widened parts
Alopecia Areata & Lupus
- hair loss caused by cells in the body that think the hair is “foreign” therefor attacking it and causing it to fall out
- Alopecia areata is usually seen in round patches, hair can grow back but just as easily fall out again
- people experience lupus hair loss differently, some mild and others quite extensive
Over styling hair
The following are a few examles of things done repeatedly over many years that can cause hair loss by damaging the root forever
- tight braids & ponytails
- chemical treatments
- high heat treatments
Different kinds of medications can cause hair loss as well. Some of these medications include, but are not limited too: blood thinners, blood pressure meds, antidepressants and even birth control pills.
Last but not least aging is a very common cause for hair loss.
Things you should Know
* Scalp Micropigmentation is great because it doesn’t damage existing hair follicles, it can actually stimulate hair growth. There is no guarantee as to how much, but it can create some.
* Scalp Micropigmentation is a great solution for women experiencing permanent or temporary hair loss as it camouflages the scalp making it appear more dense.
* 45% of people who experience hair loss are women.
* Women’s hair loss is often even more devastating than it is for men, causing much lower self esteem and confidence issues, sometimes even depression.
* Scalp Micropigmentation is a great treatment to help you look and feel better. It is permanent, safe effective and incredibly satisfying and life changing.
* Women’s hair loss can appear a lot worse than it actually is because of the light color of the scalp
* The shading technique used significantly reduces the look of thinning hair.
* Pain Management will be done through the entire process to ensure you have the most comfort as possible.